Tuesday 19 February 2008

Holidays

Half term holiday: Monday Em and I went shopping in the morning and visited a friend in the afternoon. (She's got a gorgeous cat called Archie, I will post a picture of him next time as I'm on the laptop). Today was supposed to be a 'houseful of friends' day, but I woke up with a killer headache which turned into a migraine. So my friend Linda came to spring Em from a day spent tiptoeing around me and she brought me some painkillers too. An angel in disguise. This evening I have just surfaced after a very sleepy day feeling a bit fragile, but definately better.
Tomorrow we are off to Dorset to see family, stopping on the way to visit Stonehenge which is Em's favourite place.
During a few minutes blogging I visited Laura at seekingsaknity
and was very sad to see a photo of the improptu memorial at University of Illinois after the shootings last week.
I 'met' Laura thro' crocheting squares for the blankets for survivors and the families of those who died in the Virginia Tech shootings last year. I started blogging after reading all the different blogs connected with the afghan making. Please keep the families and friends of both Universities in your thoughts and prayers this week. Many thanks Jane xx

7 comments:

Aqeela said...

Ive just been catching up on your posts Jane, i havent actually heard anything about the shooting, even though we watch the news twice a day every day, but i briefly remeber seeing something online earlier this week. You are so kind to have helped knit for the shooting which happened last year, what a selfless thing to do. I really commend you for it.
I also saw your beach photos, you are so fortunate to live so close that you can take a drive there and back in one day. Id love to live by the sea, and im sure youve guessed that cornwall would be my place of choice!
God willing il get my dream one day!

LauraRN said...

Thank you for remembering Northern Illinois University in your blog. It's close to my family's home, and close to my heart, as many of my childhood friends and one of my nephews attended there.

It's so sad, what happened, and as we approach a year since Virginia Tech's tragedy, equally tragic.

mushroommeadows said...

oh what a tragedgy. Thanks for reminding me to keep the families in my prayers.

Leigh said...

I am so glad that you and Em are enjoying your holiday!! Oh, you seem to have a great friend there!

I can't wait to see the pics of Archie and everything you are up to!

Thank you for the comment about the shootings. It is very heartwarming of you.

AC said...

Those shootings were so sad.
Half term and busy, busy, busy!
Enjoyed reading your blog.
Take care,
Alison.

AC said...

Hi Jane,
Thank you for your lovely comments.
I have read quite a few of Rosamunde Pilcher's books and they have all been great...like haveing a warm blanket wrapped around you:-)
I have just noticed that you are an admin assistant in education...I was a school secretary before I was pensioned off due to ill health!!
Take care,
Alison x

Little House By The Sea said...

Hi Jane,
Hope you are feeling better now.

Sarah x