Finally Saturday evening blogging mojo crept back. Emily was making some biscuits at school on Friday morning, she did her usual substitue of dairy-free ingredients and made some delicious Apricot and Cherry Stars which fortunately I photographed before they all disappeared.
The recipe for Apricot and Cherry Stars, courtesy of school:
100g Vitalite or dairy free margarine,
50g Caster Sugar,
150g Plain Flour.
1. Oven temperature Gas no5 or 190 Celsius
2. Flour the baking tray lightly.
3. In a bowl cream the sugar and margarine until pale and fluffy
4. Add the chopped apricots and cherries.
5. Fold in the flour gently
6. Ease the mixture together into a ball using your fingers.
7. Knead the ball of dough lightly on work surface
8. Roll out the dough and cut out biscuits using a star shaped cutter.
9. Bake biscuits for 10 -15 minutes until golden brown.
I have also finished my cardigan and I love it. I used chunky wool - Magnum Chunky Acrylic / Wool mix by King Cole. I think the next one I make, I shall shorten the sleeves a little but otherwise I am very pleased with it and it only took me two weeks.