Tuesday 23 December 2008

Christmas is Coming!

Hello to all my blogging friends, I am sorry that I have been away for so long, but I have returned now. School is finished - My small part in the staff Christmas panto of Robbin' Hoodie was great fun though all the rehearsals at the end of term made it very tiring. The sampler I stitched for my colleague, who was retiring in order to spend some time writing, was finished, framed and very well received. In return he gave me a beautiful sampler which had belonged to his family. He gave it to me as a gift as he thought that I would appreciate it. I love it, it is beautiful. It was stitched by a young girl in 1828 and is exquisitely done, as you can see from the photograph. It now hangs in pride of place on the stairs out of direct light. Preparations for Christmas day at home continue, and I'm very excited as it is eight years since our last Christmas at home. Mum and Dad have brought their caravan to Sussex and are spending the days with us or visiting friends. Alice has also returned from Univeristy (collected by Mum and Dad). On Monday evening we dressed the tree. It's a real one and it looks beautiful. Happy Christmas to all my readers and thank you for all your comments this year. I have enjoyed reading your blogs very much and I look forward to reading them all next year.

6 comments:

Willow said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

The sampler is truly beautiful! What a nice gift from your colleague.

The Blonde Duck said...

Merry Christmas! The sampler is lovely!

Elizabeth said...

I love both gifts, the one you gave and the one you got. Both very thoughtful.
Merry Christmas Jane. I hope you have a lovely holiday.
All the best.

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope you had a great Christmas!

Little House By The Sea said...

IHappy New Year Jane.. The sampler is truly beautiful.

Sarah x

Kate North said...

i see from your sampler you only have about 4 people called Jane where you work - clearly you need some more, as it can't possibly be confusing enough...

Lovely samplers - both of them. Happy New Year!