Sunday 31 January 2010

Thank You!

Em would like to say "thank you everyone for your birthday wishes, I had a lovely day at school with my friends filled with hugs and birthday wishes. My friends and I also had a cool day out in our local town, we visited our favourite shops and had lunch out to celebrate my birthday."

Em has been busy in her food tech lessons recently, she made a macaroni cheese - dairy free with gluten free pasta. This week she made a Quiche Loraine also dairy free, she used soya milk and soya cheese in the filling and pure spread in the pastry. Much to our surprise it was a tasty success with not much discernable difference to the normal Quiche.
Following on from my knitted cabled wristys, I started knitting a scarf to match. I struggled to find a pattern that looked right, so I used the cables from the wristy twisting in opposite directions for the scarf. I have used one and a quarter balls of the four ply yarn doubled up, and I'm really pleased with the result, I still need to keep knitting though as its not long enough yet. I hope you have a good week, Happy crafting Jane x

8 comments:

Gina said...

Gorgeous scarf - I love the colour and the cables.

LauraRN said...

Wonderful scarf- love the cables! And Em's mac & cheese looks yummy. I think I must make some today!!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Quiche and M&C and dairy free--yummy!

raining sheep said...

Mmmm that looks good and you should provide a recipe. Beautiful scarf.

The Blonde Duck said...

Everyone can dance! It's about joy!

Little House By The Sea said...

Looks lovely. I wanted to thank you for your help with my cross stitch project, I have received both books and cant wait to get started. I will let you know how it goes.

Sarah x

Louise said...

I remember making macaroni cheese and quiche lorraine in my cookery classes at school way back in the 1970s. To be able to knit is such a talent. I have always failed miserably. I love cable, and covet those trendy cushion covers you can buy, at a price! x

Anonymous said...

the macaroni and quiche look both splendid and delicious. what a clever daughter you have....obviously takes after her talented mum :o)

warm hugs xxx

wishing you and yours a happy easter week xxx

sumea