Sunday 7 October 2007

Wool, Socks and Shopping

Saturday morning we went shopping. I found shoes, trousers, skirt, 2 blouses and a jacket. Then I dropped into the Fabric Shop and found some beautiful balls of sock yarn which I couldn't resist. This Duo is for a pair of socks for me.















And the threesome is intended for a Christmas present once I've knitted them into a pair of socks for my Dad (sssh its a secret! But its ok he doesn't do computers and the internet)












Then I bought some wool to knit a halloween theme gift, more about that when its done.
When we got home we had an Autumn (spring) clean and sent the spiders packing, which left us with just enough energy to go out for and Indian meal.

Today I did the Ironing (which I hate) and Tony washed the cars. (Its the weekend and we are working as hard as during the week when we are both at work!) Finally after lunch I was able to get on with blogging, oh and Thurday evening I finished my pair of socks hoorah! woohoo.
I did enjoy making them and I have made some mistakes along the way (one heel is deeper than the other) but I would like to knit some more socks as well as all the other projects I keep thinking of.
Meanwhile I'm off to do some knitting, I'm working on the Candle Flame Shawl which nearly drove me insane until I found the corrections here because I kept pulling out the few rows that were wrong.
Sorry if this post comes out all over the place but nothing is staying put today. Three times I had to reload pics

3 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your comment on my blog yesterday :)

Fabulous socks you've posted there - I tried making them once but suffered with second sock syndrome and never did get round to knitting it!

(I love your film choices ..... Robin Hood and Wallace and Gromit - both my faves too)

Unknown said...

oooh Jane, your new socks are going to be GORGEOUS!!!! That wool is lovely!!!!

ps, my friend has found an apron, eventually, after much to-ing and fro-ing between a few (who'd have thought it was so hard to find a blooming apron!!!)

Pink Icing said...

Fabulous tension!