Sunday 24 February 2008

Return from Dorset

We had a lovely break in Dorset, as I mentioned before we stopped on the journey to visit Stonhenge. It was foggy and so you couldn't see the people walking around the stones very easily which added to the eerie atmosphere.
I half expected an ancient Briton to appear from behind one of the stones clad in animal skin and carrying a spear followed by a group of his people coming to Stonehenge to perform a ceremony. It was bitterly cold and in the eerie stillness all that could be heard was the cawing of the crows as they sat on top of the stones and the distant hiss of traffic as it passed by in the fog.
We visited my parents and spent a day out in Wimborne Minster, mostly in the market but we did have a wander around the town. We also visited Sherborne where I found some teaspoons to add to my collection.
This photo is of Archie (my friends cat) sitting at the top of her stairs. He is very cute and friendly and loves company. He likes to spend his day on the roof of the shed keeping an eye on the surrounding gardens and sleeping.
Knitting WIPs are a Bunny, Sheep & Monkey, I haven't finished anything in ages so I'm off to do some knitting now. Today was a Training Day at school, back to normal tomorrow! Hope you all have a good week. Jane X







5 comments:

Leigh said...

I have always wanted to see stonehenge! You are so lucky! I can just imagine how eerie after reading your description!

I am simply in love with Archie, he is adorable!

Oh, knitting I am addicted! But, I am only doing scarves, no patterns yet. I can't wait to see your finished goodies!!!

mushroommeadows said...

awwww...that's amazing! I can't believe Stonehedge is still standing...quite astounding! Lovely pictures, by the way.

Little House By The Sea said...

I would love to go to Stonehenge, but I vive at the other end of the country so it is not really something I am going to do any day soon...LOL... One day though.!! I cant wait to see what you have been knitting.
Sarah xx

AC said...

I love to visit Stonehenge when I get a chance...usually on route to Cornwall.
Take care,
Alison x

Willow said...

When The Professor and I visited Stonehenge in June, there were many people walking around and it took quite a bit of camera maneuvering to get a photo with no modern people/clothing in it.

We liked Avebury better because we could just walk around the whole area without barriers.

Your bunny on the sidebar is so very cute! Is there a pattern for it or did you make it all up yourself?